5 Factors Affecting Controller CompensationNovember 20, 2012
Compensation: 2013 New Year’s ResolutionJanuary 14, 2013
Years ago an office admin would have been called a secretary and more than likely kept out of management decisions. Today the role has evolved, and experienced administrators can handle major tasks that keep a business running efficiently.
Since those days, changes have continuously developed in the role of an office admin. Although the exact job description may differ with each employer, responsibilities may include:
- Maintain company financial records and contracts
- Assist with the recruiting and hiring processes
- Communicate with vendors
- Handle the purchase of equipment and supplies
- Assist with marketing functions
- Schedule travel arrangements
Although admins wear many “hats”, they are still often underutilized and under appreciated. Yet, most successful businesses understand the value of this position to the company’s operations and future success.